Thursday, December 23, 2004

Am I nuts?

You know how sometimes you get an idea that's so weird you can't tell if it's the product of sheer genius or sheer stupidity, or neither? I've had one of those. Here's the idea, and the more I think about it, the dumber it seems:
Say I create a new blog. ("Yeah, great, okay, what happens next?") Then, upon creating the blog, I tinker around with its HTML so that the password and username I'd use to log into the site are displayed at the top of the page ("You idiot!!"). Why would I do something so stupid?
Well, in the little "About" box that's on every Blogger blog, I write what the purpose of this particular--and now minimal security--blog is. You see, the blog wouldn't be for me. In the "About" box, I would invite any and all visitors to this blog to use the provided password and username to log into the blog's account and post anything on the blog.
Ooh, yeah, this is really starting to sound stupid. Would Blogger even let me do that, or would they delete the blog immediately upon discovering that I had displayed it's password for all to see?
Anyhoo, where was I...? Oh, yeah.
I'd leave the blog and not check back up on it for, say, a couple months to see if there are any posts on it not written by me. Simple and stupid. My kinda plan.
Actually, now that I think about it, it sounds like it would be an interesting experiment. Sure, why not? Full steam ahead, I say, Blogger permitting.
What think, readers?