Friday, November 26, 2004

Of cabbages & kings

My apologies to any readers I may have out there, for not posting in approximately an eon. I kept meaning to post something, but, unfortunately, procrastination is one of my specialties. Anyhoo...
Not a great deal going on. I've been at my grandparents' house for the last week (part of the reason I haven't posted-the Internet here is rather slooow. That-and I'm lazy), and a happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone. It's been a good vacation, and long, quite long. That's a definite advantage to being homeschooled, you can hit the road and not worry about missing school, you just haul it along with you.
The race for governor is (I think) still on here in Washington. For any non-Washingtonians out there, the two candidates are a Mr. Dino Rossi and Ms.-or Mrs.-Christine Gregoire. The reason I'm bothering to blab about this is just how strange the outcome of the election was, eventually. Last I checked, Rossi had won by only 40-something votes. Not 40,000. 40. Scary, isn't it?
And, unfortunately, certain Dems had to whine because they hadn't gotten their way again, and, as a result, recounts ensued. Yeesh. My message to any Washington democrats who were in favor of those recounts-Rossi won!! Deal with it!! To any who took it in stride, thank you for being such good sports.
And now, on a less political note...
At last, at long last, we finally went to see the Incredibles on Thanksgiving. Wow. If you haven't seen that yet, I have one thing to say: SEE IT! SEE IT, SEEITSEEITSEEIT!!!
Now you can see that I obviously liked it. It was a great movie (of course, it was Pixar, so what did you expect), and it may very well be the most fun I've ever had at a movie theater. It wasn't really as funny as some of the other Pixar movies, but it was still amazing. And having a movie with humans as the main characters for once was refreshing, not that I don't like bugs and fish, but, y'know...
And Pixar really showed their prowess at special effects with this film, too. Of course, I guess you could say that all their movies are one gigantic special effect, but we haven't seen much of the explosion/fireball/laser beam Star-Warsy effects in their previous movies, but this one was full of them, from beginning to end. And they're really something.
The plot wasn't brilliant (crazed genius tries to take over the world), but then again, it didn't have to be. I mean, how many superhero movies have brilliant plots? Right. And anyway, the great animation, characters, acting, facial expressions, etc. etc. more than made up for that.
See the Incredibles, mmkay? It'll be worth all your 5 bucks or so-and then some.