Monday, November 01, 2004

Archives

#1 I just got a membership with this pretty cool looking site, Fanfiction.net. It's a site that has fanfiction for almost every conceivable piece of media, from anime to crappy sitcoms. And, if you're a member (like I now am), you can write your own fanfiction and publish it on the site. If your not a member, you can browse through the practically endless pages of stories and read and review any that catch your interest. Not meaning to brag, but I'm a fair writer (something I don't generally reflect on this blog), so I think I'll be having lots of fun with this site.

#2 News and stuff 2
I apologize that my posts haven't been exactly thrilling of late, but I've been experiencing a sort of lull in ideas for them. They may be like this for a while. Or maybe not. Anyway...Yesterday my sister and I were part of an interview for another play we're in on a local radio station. It went pretty well, could've been better, but such is life. It airs on Monday, and I think when it comes on, I'll go into my bedroom and listen to old CDs, because I kinda don't care to listen. Not that I did badly, but something always happens to my voice when it's recorded, that is, it sounds a bizillion octaves lower than it is, and I don't know why. Most boys my age might like that, but I don't. It makes me sound like a stupid gorilla on any recording, and it sucks.The elections are coming up pretty fast. Only a few more weeks before we see who's going to lead our country through this terrorist crap. I notice I'm starting to feel less...fervent...about the whole thing. Not that I don't care who wins, I still want Bush to win. He at least doesn't support the barbarism that is abortion or the parody of real marriage that is homosexual marriage. But I'm starting to realize that both Bush and Kerry are rather...mediocre. If Bush wins, then there is at least four more years possibility of success for the pro-life movement. If Kerry wins, then I expect four years of ho-hum, until the 2008 elections, at which point, I recently realized, I"LL BE ABLE TO VOTE!!! Mwa-haw-haw. I'll have (some) POWER!Yaaaaaaaay...

#3 Visions of Hell: Quality Control Alliance
Apart from my blog hogging buds, I'm not really one for making friends on the Internet. You may recall a list I published earlier of websites I hate, which included Jack T. Chick's and Planned Parenthood's websites. Well, I've got another one to add. The website of the "Quality Control Alliance." This website is a big, ugly blog whose members largely consist of religion-hating Satanists/pagans/atheists. The blog devotes itself to the endorsement of modern paganism, the ridicule of organized religion, and the encouragement of an immoral lifestyle, the type brimming with promiscous sex and ample drugs.As was the case with Jack Chick, I was introduced to this website by my friends over at BlogHogger. It started when I noticed posts on Bloghogger talking about the QCA in much the same way I am now. Then I observed as angry and extremely crude comments from the QCA's members began to pile up in those posts. Then I visited their site myself, and just commented on how charming they are. Then, today, I checked the comments for my last post, and saw two (which were, once again, rude'n'crude) comments from two of their leading members on the post. These comments have since been deleted, because they are basically just insulting and of no value whatsoever to me. The fact that these guys are aware I exist, however, (which wasn't the case with Chick, and certainly not Planned Parenthood) makes it all the more interesting.They're a rather funny bunch, actually. If you were able to look at the comments they left on my previous post, you'd have seen that they appear incapable of articulate speech. They simply string a bunch of swear words together, throw in some monosyllables for good measure, and call it a sentence. Kinda goes like this:"This site sucks d**k (grunt). Smells like p**s (grunt). What'd you do, drink a f****n' jug of f**kin' gasoline? (grunt) By the way, your f****n' opinions are f****n' bull****. "And if they get it into their head to visit here again anytime soon, more comments like that are sure to come. Rather depressing, really. Ah, well.G'night, all.

#4 Because I like to get on his case...
So, Halloween is tomorrow. A night of spooks, goblins, sugar highs, and blah blah blah blah blah. And, since parts of this holiday can be remotely evil, our friend Jack "the Chicken" Chick has something to say about it. Observe.After reading the tract linked to above, what you have just learned is, in a nutshell, that Halloween was started by a bunch of demented homicidal Pagan priests, that their grand legacy of Satanism and sacrifice is still plaguing society on Halloween today, and that Satan loves it when people go trick-or-treating because this practice pulls them into witchcraft. Some of these facts are more or less true, but, in true Chicken style, the facts have been blown out of proportion. Again, Observe.Now, if you have clicked on the above link, you know the real story of Halloween, which is quite contrary to the Chicken's paranoid (as always) claims. While it is true that some Satanist ceremonies take place on Halloween, there aren't nearly as many as described in the tract you linked to (Quote: "Are there lots of witches, Suzy?" to which Suzy responds, in classic paranoid chicken style: "Are you kidding? Teens everywhere are going into both black and white witchcraft" Riight). Any teens visiting this site, tell me, just how many people do you know who scarifice babies on Halloween? I sure don't know any. But if "teens everywhere" were practicing this sort of thing, don't you think we'd be hearing more about it? Not to say that you shouldn't proceed with caution when trick-or-treating, but, come on.And how, exactly, does trick-or-treating pull you into witchcraft? "Gosh, Jimmy, I dunno, that Snickers looks pretty posessed to me." Short of actually stumbling into a Satanic ritual being held in the street, I'm not entirely sure how that'll happen. If we're reasonably careful about who we go with, where we go, what we dress up as, etc., Halloween is pretty harmless. So, Jack Chick, take a chill pill and call me in the morning.