Thursday, January 06, 2005

Comment, *&%# it!!

Yes, I'm a day late with this, but so what? Yeah, exactly. Anyhoo...
Every once in a while I check up on my site stats, and, assuming the hit counter is working, it appears I am actually getting a reasonable amount of hits, more or less. But, it appears that my visitors are almost all (Word of the Day Alert!) lurkers. Lurkers are, as near as I can figure, people who visit blogs, read the stuff, but either have too much laziness or too much chronic shyness to comment on it. And, apparently, yesterday was National Lurker Day, at least according to one blogger who was starting up a meme on the subject. I would provide a link to the post that he/she wrote, but I just found out that the site and post's URL, which I went to such pains to copy down, doesn't work. So, well, bugger. Anyway, now that post is inaccesible to me and this post now has little or no meaning because of that. So, I'll just sum up my point in very attractive, eye catching, this-is-my-point-now-pay-attention bold and italic font. A-hem:

IF YOU READ, COMMENT!!!! LET ME KNOW YOU'RE THERE!!!

I don't care if your comment has nothing to do with the subject at hand, I just want to know that the hit counter isn't broken, and that I actually DO have readers. And I'm not the only one who thinks so. Thank you.