Sunday, November 13, 2005

Let's hear it for long weekends!

I don't know if I've ever had a weekend quite like this before. It was purty durn awesome. I'm sure a large part of it was having my gloriously "different" (as he would put it. He may also use "crazy") friend Randy over at my house for pretty much all of it. Among other things, he taught me how to do a (good) handstand--and I may eventually also learn to do a handspring from his tutelage--, he introduced me to the band Acceptance, which he is wild about, and he accompanied our family and several friends to a performance of Gaslight Girl, a very funny and random "melodrama".
And it's kind of weird. I've always heard about those "very very best friends" to whom a person can open up to and tell everyyyyyyyyyyythiiiing. But I've never really felt like I had one. Of course, I've had lots of friends, but I've never "spilled my guts", so to speak, to anyone else my age. That was until Wednesday night, when, for some reason, we stayed up talking about half a ton of stuff, from girls to bizarre dreams.
Overall, the weekend, especially that talking Wednesday night, seemed especially well summed up by part of the synopsis of a movie called Mindtrip, which went something like this:

You just start talking, and before you know it, it's one o' clock in the morning; the train/bus/plane has come and gone; the last waiter is about to leave is shooing you out: You've taken a Mindtrip, and you're a different person than you were before.


Yeah. Weird, long, but very fun weekend.