Sunday, November 06, 2005

Another thing to forget to remember

I've always enjoyed making up stories, but many of them stay in my head because I can never write them. There are about 4 exceptions, two of which I have "published" (in the loosest sense of the word) on this snazzy site (look for me in the author directory--my name is "wallywuzhere", of all things).
Anyhoo, I recently came up with a spiffing idea for another story that I hopefully will take the time to actually write.
It's sort of a political dystopia sort of story, fairly brief, kind of the same type of story that people like George Orwell and Kurt Vonnegut liked to write. Probably not quite as intelligent or bitingly witty and ironic, though. Ah well.
It occured to me one day how truly ridiculous it is that abortion is legal. It is basically allowing one person to kill another simply because they are inconvenient. And then that got me thinking--what if we were allowed to have people (other than unborn babies) legally murdered simply because they are inconvenient? That's basically my premise.
Now I just have to remember to write the thing. Dang it.