Friday, April 08, 2005

Yowza M'Showza!!

I don't suppose you have any clue what the title means? Dang, I don't either. Well, I have a clue. It's a random phrase I just coined, pulled out of a sack of verbal debris in my mind, to express surprise at upcoming big change. That is: we're moving.
Of course, on the Internet, where you can talk to your neighbor as soon as you can talk to a guy in Sri Lanka, this means next to nil, but to me, it's kinda big news. This is part of the reason I haven't posted for a while; we've gone somewhat crazy preparing our house for selling (that--and laziness on my part).
While we have moved before; numerous times, this move is a first for our family, because for once we're just moving to a more convenient part of town, as opposed to going halfway across the country. It's nice that this time, the verb will literally be "move" instead of "totally uproot and transplant". Aaah...
Earlier today my parents signed the papers necessary to make an offer on this luuverly house we found, a big ol' "A" house that's been spiffingly remodeled and will actually have enough bedrooms for all of us. Except for a rather hazardous staircase and a freezing basement, the house is fantastic. Cross your fingers and hope we get it.

Oh, and...
In the unlikely event that any Myst fans are reading this, I have a favor to ask. A few weeks ago, I made a petition on petitiononline.com to be sent to CyanWorlds (the guys who made Myst, in the once-again-unlikely-event you didn't already know that), asking them to seriously consider having a Myst movie made. I've gotten it fairly well publicized, but I just felt my plugging spree wouldn't be complete unless I posted about it on my blog. If you want to sign the petition, it is here.

One more thing...
Check this out:
The Weirdest Blog Ever Written.